COLORADO MEMBER ALERT- Call to Action
The Parks and Wildlife Commission will be meeting on Thursday, September 11th in Glenwood Springs. You can find the agenda here. Agenda items of particular interest include:
- Chapter W-2 “Big Game” 2 CCR 406-2 Final and Draft Regulation’s
Chapter W-2 “Big Game” 2 CCR 406-2 Final Regulation Final Regulation
- Open for consideration of regulations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Annual review of provisions regarding mountain lion season dates, licensing requirements, manner of take provisions, harvest limit quotas (statewide and by game management unit or combination of units) and adoption of harvest limit quotas for the 2014-2015 hunting season.
- Implementation of alternatives for the 2015-2019 Big Game Season Structure, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Changes to limited license application and drawing processes
- Changes to increase youth preference
Chapter W-2 “Big Game” 2 CCR 406-2 Final Regulation Draft Regulation
- Open for consideration of regulations adjusting non-resident big game license fees according to the Consumer Price Index, and adjusting non-resident big game license fees within statutory limitations pursuant to 33-4-102 (1.6)(IV)(b), C.R.S.
Both Regulations Will Impact All Sportsmen and Women in Colorado. Let the Commission Know You Oppose These Regulations!
The Department of Wildlife needs to be more responsible and accountable with the revenues and programs they currently have. Colorado’s Parks and Wildlife Commission should be reviewing policies that encourage both resident and non-resident opportunities. Please make your voice heard at the upcoming meeting to ensure both you and your fellow SCI members’ interests are protected.
Parks and Wildlife Commission Meeting Information:
Date: September 11, 2014
Location: Ramada Glenwood Springs
124 W. 6th Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Agenda: Click here